Home/Support/Support Forum/SC2 Can a co-ordinator (AT mode) send data to a specific router (API mode) in the network, via python code ?
New and improved user forum site going live on 12/6 (All users will need to reset their password when the new forum is active)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

SC2 Can a co-ordinator (AT mode) send data to a specific router (API mode) in the network, via python code ?

0 votes
I have 6 Xbee SC2's (Fn set=TH Reg), 4 of them are in AT mode sending data to the co-ordinator (AT mode) which is connected to a PI4 and it's data is being processed by a python file for a specific purpose. But can I forward on the data to another Xbee router on a different PI for a different purpose/end-result via python or similar ?
asked Jun 19, 2020 in Python by xbee_explorer New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Sure you can. Just change the destination address on the coordinator.
answered Jun 19, 2020 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,515 points)
Thanks, would that be SH > DH & SL> DL of the receiving router? I tried the python code "device.send_data(remote_device, "Hello XBee!")" but it looks like both have to be in API mode. But my constraint is co-ord has to remain in AT mode.
Yes that is what that would be.