Home/Support/Support Forum/Send data from laptop to XBEE3 lte-m/nb-iot device
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Send data from laptop to XBEE3 lte-m/nb-iot device

0 votes
I have a Xbee3 lte-m/nb-iot device (using the dev kit from DIGI) hooked up to the cellular network and working correctly (followed examples and successfully commhunicated with the echo server). I need to be able to connect to the modem from my laptop , send it data, and have the data sent to a second Xbee3 modem accross the country, which is connected to another laptop that can read from this modem.

I have been through literally hundreds of sites, documents and forums but I am no nearer to solving. Note: I am a newbie when it comes to these devices and protocols. I am a C# deveoper so if I can stay in that world it would be great!

Any help or pointers in the right direction to learn is appreciated.

Cheers
asked Jul 24 in Digi Connect Cellular by AthenaIndustrial New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
If both SIM's are on the same VPN, follow the directions at https://www.digi.com/support/knowledge-base/xbee-cell-incoming-socket
answered Jul 24 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,834 points)
They arent, they may be in different countries (although I may be wrong in assuming what VPN means in this case?)
VPN means Virtual Private network.