Home/Support/Support Forum/XBee netwrok: sending AT commands / API framepackets in Python program?

XBee netwrok: sending AT commands / API framepackets in Python program?

0 votes
Ok so I see that sending API frames/packets is super useful when communicating between xbee modules. I am going to have a network that runs mainly on a python program and separately runs a preuploaded micropython code to each node upon start-up (plus cyclic input sensor monitoring of an i2c device.

So anyways, in all the examples of sending/receiving data between modules (both micropython and python documentation) has you set up the program that sends the some example stuff.. and then always ends with opening XCTU to see that the data packets were successfully sent. Which is all good and fine. However, it seems useless in a deployable way right? like when I deploy this in the field there won't be a guy looking at the XCTU working mode interface.. instead I need this data to be sent/received into my python program so I can use it and do functions with the data. How to send/receive directly to your program rather than just seeing it sent/received in the XCTU interface??

specifically sending/receiving bidirectinoally between MicroPython and Python.

thanks!

:)
asked Jul 30 in XBee3 ZigBee by edunn106 New to the Community (24 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
The process is the exact same. The only difference is what you have receiving the data. That is, either XCTU on a PC, or a Micro Processor. The process and interface is the exact same.
answered Jul 31 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (13,491 points)