Home/Support/Support Forum/GPIO Wake-up on ConnectCore
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

GPIO Wake-up on ConnectCore

+1 vote
I am trying to wake up my system (ConnectCore 6UL SBC Pro, with dey 3.0) from suspend by using edge interrupts on a GPIO pin, with no success so far.

I have the latest MCA firmware.

I have tried with the method in the documentation (https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/embedded/dey/3.0/cc6ul/bsp_r_power-mgmt), for example like
`gpiomon --num-events 1 --rising-edge mca-gpio 1 &`
Suspend followed by edges on the gpio pin does not wake the system. The edges are detected by gpiomon when not sleeping.

I also tried adding
&mca_gpio {
pwroff-wakeup-capable-ios = <1>
};
to the device tree as per some older documentation, but that didn't change anything.

Am I missing something? Is there something more that should be enabled somewhere to enable the wakeup?
asked Aug 13 in Linux by matli New to the Community (4 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
Here is an example:

These MCA gpio pins are IRQ capable: MCA_IO0/1/2/5 (index 504,505,505,509).

In this case you don´t need to enable the wakeup register, once you configure the MCA GPIO edge the IRQ will be avaible.

So to configure the MCA_IO1

root@ccimx6ulsbc:~# cat /proc/interrupts | grep gpiolib

root@ccimx6ulsbc:~# echo 505 > /sys/class/gpio/export

root@ccimx6ulsbc:~# echo in > /sys/class/gpio/gpio505/direction

root@ccimx6ulsbc:~# echo rising > /sys/class/gpio/gpio505/edge

Once you have done this, you are done and the GPIO will be used as a wakeup source

root@ccimx6ulsbc:~# cat /proc/interrupts | grep gpiolib

246: 0 mca-gpio-irq 1 Edge gpiolib
answered Aug 13 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (3,688 points)
selected Aug 17 by matli
I realized I had made a faulty assumption that I could use the 3V3 power line (from the J30 connector) during standby. By using other means to create the edge, the system wakes up as expected. Thanks for the example!
0 votes
&mca_gpio {
pwroff-wakeup-capable-ios = <1>
};
this should work.
answered Aug 14 by typhoontvapk New to the Community (2 points)