Home/Support/Support Forum/Can't get access digi wr21 when i downgrade
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can't get access digi wr21 when i downgrade

0 votes
Hi everyone I'm having logging problem when i downgrade firmware with 6.x.x

When i downgrade and restarting digi it doesnt accept username and password

Username : username
Pass : passsord

Or

Username : admin/Admin
Password : password

Or

Username : admin/Admin
Password : on the bottom of the digi

None of them accepting.
asked Sep 16 in Digi TransPort by Levent New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Default user credentials depend on how the downgrade was done, with Web UI or with Flashwriter.
You can try the leftover option: admin/default
Please see details below:

DEFAULT USER ACCOUNTS
Previous firmware releases for the WR11, WR21, WR31, and WR44 devices included a default user
account with the credentials username/password. With firmware release 8.0.0.3, new routers will
no longer include the default username/password account. Instead, routers manufactured with
firmware release 8.0.0.3 will now have a default admin account and a pre-programmed unique
password that is displayed on the device label.
Special consideration must be given when upgrading or downgrading devices that cross this
functional boundary. The following special cases apply:
1. Upgrading routers that were manufactured prior to 8.0.0.3 (for example, 7.1.2.2):
a. If you upgrade the firmware to 8.0.0.3 using the Web UI Update Firmware1
, the router
retains the existing default user accounts. For example, after the upgrade, the router
will have a default username/password account running 8.0.0.3.
b. If you upgrade the firmware to 8.0.0.3 using Flashwriter, the default account will be
admin and the password will be default.
2. Downgrading routers originally manufactured with 8.0.0.3, that include an admin account with
a pre-programmed unique password:
a. If your router is running 8.0.0.3 and has the admin account with a pre-programmed
unique password, and you use the Web UI Update Firmware to downgrade to a release
prior to 8.0.0.3, the downgraded router will no longer recognize the pre-programmed
unique admin account password. Instead, the admin account password will be default.
b. If your router is running 8.0.0.3 and has the admin account with a pre-programmed
unique password, and you use Flashwriter to downgrade to a release prior to 8.0.0.3,
the admin account will no longer be present. Instead, the default account will be
username/password.
i. After downgrading with Flashwriter, if you then upgrade to 8.0.0.3 or greater
using the Web UI Update Firmware, the router will retain the
username/password account and not include an admin account.
1. If you then factory default the router, the admin account with the preprogrammed unique password will return.
ii. After downgrading with Flashwriter and losing the admin account, if you then
upgrade to 8.0.0.3 or greater using Flashwriter, the admin account with the preprogrammed unique password will again be present and the
username/password account will be removed.
answered Sep 18 by nicolaus Community Contributor (71 points)