Home/Support/Support Forum/It's posible change Firmware protocol over the Air?

It's posible change Firmware protocol over the Air?

0 votes
I am working on Xbee3 with Zigbee protocol which I want to change to Digimesh protocol over the air. I want to do this wireless modification because the remote Xbee is currently not accessible to connect to the Xctu. I tried to do tests updating the firmware but with the same protocol in XCTU and if it updates it. On the other hand when I want to make a firmware change I get an error. Hopefully someone could help me and tell me if it is possible what I am trying. Thank you.
asked Oct 12 in XBee3 by Brayan123 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, you can change firmware over the air on the XBee 3 modules to the other protocols such as Zigbee, 802.15.4 or Digi Mesh.
answered Oct 12 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (13,374 points)
Hi, I'm trying to change the firmware protocol over the air but I had the problem "Timeout waiting for Next 'Image Block Request'". When I change the firmware version but no te protocol everything its OK. Please could you help. I'd appreciate your help.
Bryan I would recommend you contact Digi Support @ tech.support@digi.com.   It does require that all of the nodes being used are XBee 3. Also they need to have their antennas connected.