Home/Support/Support Forum/PWM Implementation in a MESH

PWM Implementation in a MESH

0 votes
Hi,

My objective is to control the intensity of LEDs attached to 5 Xbee Nodes connected in a mesh.
I configured the IO Accordingly based on this tutorials from official digi site:
https://www.digi.com/resources/examples-guides/802-15-4-pwm-output-with-an-led
So that I can deploy standalone implementation. In this implementation 1 out of 5 Xbees will also have LDR connected across its ADC pins.

The project is like this. Imagine that 5 xbee nodes are placed on top of street lights on a straight road. All Node produces PWM output to control the brightness of an LED. The Third node which is in between these 5 nodes has an LDR sensor attached to it.

When I implement 2 node, 1 Xbee with LDR and another Xbee with LED, PWM is working fine with standalone implementation. But When I Implement Mesh along with the 3rd node which has to sense and actuate itself, All LEDs doesn't even react to LDR.

Why can't I Implement this MESH implementation using standalone xbee only.

Thanks
asked Oct 16, 2020 in RF Solutions and XBee by naveenps New to the Community (6 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote
I was able to solve the problem. Thanks
answered Oct 19, 2020 by naveenps New to the Community (6 points)
0 votes
How are you controlling the PWM? Are you sending remote AT commands or something else?
answered Oct 16, 2020 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (14,715 points)
Hi Eric,

Thank You for replying. I think I understood the configuration part wrong. Can you please explain how https://www.digi.com/resources/examples-guides/802-15-4-pwm-output-with-an-led implementation is working? Like as the potentiometer value changes, does the one xbee sent an AT command to other xbee to change its PWM duty cycle. Because when I Implemented with 2 Xbees attached to an ESP32 that runs the code, it was easy. But with only standalone, I dont understand how on the fly the duty cycle changes. I think if I understand that then I can do the mesh.

Again I thank you. I am a beginner, so please don't mind my beginner questions.

Thank You Eric