Home/Support/Support Forum/MicroPython Topology
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

MicroPython Topology

0 votes
Hi, can we use MicroPython in XCTU, to establish network topology (star, mesh) ?
asked Jan 15 in 3rd Party Python and API development in other Languages by Martin91 New to the Community (20 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Yes, providing that the XBee module you are working with does. IE it needs to be an XBee 3 module or product.
answered Jan 15 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (14,679 points)
I use XBee 2. Can i yet build some topology or it can be accomplish only with Xbee 3 ?
Any example, how can we establish topology with MicroPython ?
There is no sample Micro Python code or would there be any needed.

The determination of a mesh is done by setting the proper AT command. The rest can be either routers or sleeping end devices. (Default is router).

The XBee 2 does not support Micro Python. But it does support the same network protocols as the XBee 3 does. That is, Zigbee, Digi Mesh or 802.15.4.
Any of the Zigbee Mesh based products quick start guides will show you how to establish a mesh network in about 5 min or less.
What are the options for establishing Star topology?
i think from my experince with Xbee , it all decided in the configuration you will set for the ( destination addreess DH , DL ) where if you set an end device to a specific destination ( Router or cordinator ) you will have a star topology , but if you use (0x000000000000FFFF) it will be a broadcast and thus it will create a mesh .
someone correct me if i'm wrong please .
0 votes
I found this java code (https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/Digidocs/90001942-13/resources/code/xbee900hpkit/transmit_data/mainapp.txt), which can set up the Xbee modules to sent data in Broadcast and Unicast modes.
In this (https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/pdfs/90001942-13.pdf) i found more examples, like ''Send digital actuations'', but some of the links for the sample codes are unactive. Did any one know where to find more examples like this?

Did anyone know where to find Python/MicroPython code for Broadcast and Unicast data transmissions?

And is there any examples for using Pycharm for XBee config?
answered Jan 20 by Martin91 New to the Community (20 points)
In PyCharm, there is an XBee plugin. That plugin has a large amount of different examples. If you have the plugin installed, you will have it listed when you choose File, new Digi product.  There are also more when you use the Import function.