Home/Support/Support Forum/XBee 3 in API mode to expose multiple zigbee TemperatureSensor devices (HomeAutomation profile)

XBee 3 in API mode to expose multiple zigbee TemperatureSensor devices (HomeAutomation profile)

0 votes
Hello guys,

I hope I will not bother you with trivial things that I have not understood, but I am facing some difficulty with my xbee3-based project.

Description:
I want to send temperature measurements from a micro-controller (arduino or rasberry Pico, still to be decided) to a domotic system that already has a zigbee coordinator up and running.
I have configured my xbee3 module to have a zigbee Home Automation profile (0x0104), and it is recognized as expected by the coordinator and the domotic system.

Now, I am trying to send 3 different temperature measurements, using 3 different endpoint. As I want my domotic system to read the measures, I have to do it according to the Zigbee specs.

I have read a few docs, but most of them were sending custom data, most often using the
xbee as a wireless serial interface.
I did not undersand how to declare the endpoints I will use to send the measurements with the correct zigbee deviceID (temperature sensor, 0x0302), and how to format the data to send.

I would be extremely grateful if anybody could provide me with some guidance on how to achieve that !

Thanks a lot :-)
asked Mar 1, 2021 in XBee3 ZigBee by JeromeD New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
I would suggest looking at https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001539/#reference/r_zb_zdo_transmissions.htm?TocPath=Transmission%252C%2520addressing%252C%2520and%2520routing%257CZDO%2520transmissions%257C_____0

And the HA protocol for the proper response on the type of sensor you are working with.
answered Mar 1, 2021 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,410 points)