Home/Support/Support Forum/xbee3: how to send data received from serial via ble

xbee3: how to send data received from serial via ble

0 votes
Hey all,

My goal is to transfer all data received in the Rx pin of the serial of the xbee3 via ble to an other ble device.

Could someone point me to some documentation or/and example of how to do this?

Also, can this be achieved only with micropython (any helpful link on that?) or can it be done with simple xctu setting configurations?

Thanks in advance
asked Jun 18 in XBee3 ZigBee by manos New to the Community (5 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
You need to use API mode on the XBee 3 modules.

As for an example, I would use the XCTU Mobile app as it will allow you to do what you want.
answered Jun 21 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (14,777 points)
That sounds like you don't have both BLE interface options enabled and connected.
Hey,

thanks for your reply!
So, what do you suggest?
I have already enabled BLE with BT option (both enabled).
How do I get them connected?

Thanks in advance!
Thank you! Thanks for all the resources given.

I am going to check them thoroughly. Untill then I would like to mention though that it seems like you refer to xbee3 cellular...Hopefully, it's the same for the xbee3.
Also, considering that only one link is not strictly about micropython and it specificallly regards how to unlock API, does it mean that in order to send api frames, I firstly have to unlock the api?
But how do I make the first steps like scan for advertisements, turn on indications and connect to gatt server via xctu?

Thanks in advance!
For what you want to do, it is done in the Micro Python code instead.  I referenced the API options so you can see how some of that would be done outside of Micro Python.