Home/Support/Support Forum/How to set the 16 bit PAN ID and 16 bit destination address on XBee 3 ZigBee Coordinator

How to set the 16 bit PAN ID and 16 bit destination address on XBee 3 ZigBee Coordinator

0 votes
I am using an XBee 3 as a Coordinator on a ZigBee network. What I want to do is to send a ZCL (Home Automation, ON/OFF) Command to toggle a socket and I am using XCTU for it. I already figured out how to set the 0x11 command on API-Mode in order to send a ZCL command.

My problem is, that I cant set the 16 bit PAN ID and the 16-bit destination address on myself. Yeah, I know that the coordinator chooses the 16 bit PAN itself but I am doing security research where I have to set these two values in order to create the exact frame that I want.
Otherwise, the command does not arrive at the socket. I also figured out that by running an XBee 3 on the 802.15.4 firmware (latest), I am able to set these two values. But I want to generate a ZigBee ZCL and therefore I need the ZigBee stack including data encryption.
asked Jul 1, 2021 in ZigBee PRO Featureset (and legacy ZNet 2.5) by Mike01 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
You need to look over the functions to replace a Coordinator as that is how you set the 16 bit PAN ID.

https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001539/#concepts/c_zb_replacing_coordinator.htm?Highlight=replace%20a%20coordinator
answered Jul 13, 2021 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,108 points)