Home/Support/Support Forum/Recommend me a Antenna System for a High Altitude Weather Balloon Launch
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Recommend me a Antenna System for a High Altitude Weather Balloon Launch

0 votes
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for an antenna system (both transmitter and receiver) for a hight altitude balloon project. The payload will be equipped with environmental sensors as well as GoPro Camera. We like to receive the real-time data from sensors and camera (pictures/video) on ground (stationary base station). The balloon is expected to reach heights up to 100,000 ft.

Please advise a circularly polarized (RHCP) antenna system that will work with our project.

Maqsood
asked Sep 24 in Other/Legacy by mamughal New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
What product
answered Sep 24 by Campbell Veteran of the Digi Community (840 points)
0 votes
I am looking for a product that will fulfill my needs as I described them above.
answered Sep 27 by mamughal New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
Something I think you may not understand is your overall bandwidth requirements. You see you need to understand that Video requires large amounts of bandwidth. Generally Megabytes worth of bandwidth. (See https://www.digi.com/support/knowledge-base/which-radio-does-digi-recommend-for-wireless-video)

None of the Non Cellular products outside of a WiFi product is going to offer that kind of bandwidth. Even at that, WiFi is not going to offer you the kind of distances you are looking for.
answered Sep 27 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (14,676 points)