Home/Support/Support Forum/Changing the partition table on the Connectcore 6UL using Digi Embeddded Yocto Version 3.2.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Changing the partition table on the Connectcore 6UL using Digi Embeddded Yocto Version 3.2.

0 votes
I am trying to Change the partition table on the Connectcore 6UL using Digi Embeddded Yocto Version 3.2.

I am following the run-time procedure described at this link:
https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/embedded/dey/3.2/cc6ul/yocto_t_change-partition-table_nand

I am able to edit the mtdparts and save my changes (increase the size of rootfs).

I then nand erase.part rootfs and nand erase.part update because one changes size and I assume the other moves.

When I reboot I get a Kernel Panic.

I then noticed a discussion below "Adjust Digi Embedded Yocto for partition table changes". It discusses updating MKUBIFS_ARGS for rootfs.

I cannot find these MKUBIFS variables. I have searched the web and cannot find much info on this variable.

My questions are:

1. Where is this variable located?
2. Can it be changed in UBOOT?
3. Is there a document that describes how to do this?

Thanks
asked Oct 19 in Embedded Devices by mkrueger New to the Community (1 point)
I have an update on my issue. I have solved my Kernel Panic by updating the rootfs image after I perform the nand erase.

// Update the rootfs image from SD card
update rootfs mmc 0 dey-image-qt-x11-ccimx6ulsbc.ubifs

I no longer get a Kernel Panic. I have increased my rootfs partition from 512m to 900m.

I still want to get info about MKUBIFS_ARGS because I think it should be updated for this size increase.

Thanks.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
After you have erased the partitions you have to reprogram them.

MKUBIFS_ARGS I believe is the variable in core/Makefile
Please take a look here: https://www.engicam.com/art/193888/NAND-programming

But I don't think you need to do anything about it.
answered Oct 20 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (4,359 points)