And what can you say about the following, found on page 24 of the Digi IX15 User Guide, I would appreciate your words about it:
XBee adapter, gateways, and routers
- The XBee Adapter, Gateway, or Router products cannot be guaranteed operation due to the radio link and so should not be used for interlocks in safety critical devices such as machines or automotive applications.
- The XBee Adapter, Gateway, or Router products have not been approved for use in (this list is not exhaustive):
- medical devices
- nuclear applications
- explosive or flammable atmospheres
There are no user serviceable components inside the XBee Adapter, Gateway, or Router product. Do not remove the product covers or modify the Gateway or Router in any way.
Modifications may exclude the product from any warranty and can cause the gateway or router
to operate outside of regulatory compliance for a given country, leading to the possible illegal
operation of the product.
- Use industry standard ESD protection when handling the XBee Adapter, Gateway, or Router product.
- Take care while handling to avoid electrical damage to the PCB and components.
- Do not expose the XBee Adapter, Gateway, or Router products to water or moisture.
- Use this product with the antennas specified in the XBee Adapter, Gateway, or Router product user guides.
- The end user must be told how to remove power from the XBee Adapter, Gateway, or Router product or to locate the antennas 20 cm from humans or animals.
Being attentive to their words greets them