Home/Support/Support Forum/Problem while communicating via SPI between a PIC microcontroller and Xbee
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Problem while communicating via SPI between a PIC microcontroller and Xbee

0 votes
Hello, i Have an XB3-24Z8PS-J that communicates with a pic24FJ64GA306 via spi using protocole ZigBee 3.0. My xbee is configured in API mode, with the XCTU application i disable all the UART pins and enable the SPI pins, the mesaage send from the pic respects the API format (generated using the tool in XCTU). With an oscilloscope i verify that ship select signal is zero, a serial clock is generated and the MOSI data is also generated when the pic issues a writting command. My problem that is the XBee does not send via RF the received data on its SPI pins : i didn’t receive anything on the coordinator serial screen ( I used another xbee as a coordinator to verify correctly that the data has been sent). I can’t find the problem, please advice ???
asked 3 days ago in Embedded Devices by joumana New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Are you able to query any of the AT commands from the pic to the local xbee via the SPI port?
answered 3 days ago by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (14,874 points)
no, it doesn't work. However i checked the output siganls of my PIC using an oscilloscope and i verified that the pic generates correctly the signalsof MOSI, CLK and chip select pins. My xbee is behaving like the spi is not at all activated.