Home/Support/Support Forum/Functional CodeWarrior/Multilink/XBee configurations?

Functional CodeWarrior/Multilink/XBee configurations?

0 votes
Hi all,

I'm attempting to start development work on a programmable Xbee-Pro 900HP (S3B), installed in an XBIB-U-DEV board, and connected with a PE Micro USB Multilink programmer/debugger. I believe this is all supported hardware.

I downloaded and installed:

40003004_B.exe (Digi version of Codewarrior 10.2)
40003003_D.exe (Digi Xbee extensions for CW)

And then created a "hello world" app from the UART echo sample. Launching on the hardware failed with exciting red messages about not being able to update the debugger firmware. So, I tried the following:

- Installed multilink_resources_install.exe (updates the Multilink firmware to the latest)
- Installed PEDrivers_install.exe (updates the Jungo Multilink drivers to the latest)
- Tried using the PE Micro patch for Codewarrior (CW10x_patch.zip)

I've tried on both a Windows 10 and Windows 7 system.

The current error I get on launching the project is the following:

"Exception occurred during launch. Reason: Failed to resume target process, HC/RS/S12Z GDI Protocol Adpater : Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the PE device"

The console log says:

=== CodeWarrior GDI protocol log ===
GDI DLL: D:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2\MCU\bin\Plugins\Debugger\protocols\..\..\support\hc08\gdi\hcs08_pne_gdi.dll
CPU: MC9S08QE32
GDI: DiGdiOpen()
GDI: => DI_OK
GDI: DiGdiGetFeatures()
GDI: Identification: HCS08 P&E to GDI wrapper, Version: 1.0.1, MeeAvailable: true, NrCpusAvailable: 1
GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : CPUTARGETTYPENAME, Value : , R) => DI_ERR_NONFATAL
INF: Error opening selected communication interface
ERR: Error - Port not found.
INF: Unable to initialize PEDebug.
GDI: => DI_ERR_NONFATAL
GDI: The Debugger can not connect to the P&E device
GDI: DiGdiClose()

The debugger works correctly with the PE firmware update tool, and shows up as a connection in the Debug Configuration window, so it's at least partially communicating properly. Its two LEDs are lit when it's connected to the XBIB-U board with the 6 pin cable.

What am I missing? Has anybody gotten this type of setup to work, and if so, what software/hardware combination was successful?

Thanks!

-Greg
asked Jan 26 in XBee Programmable Development by gbredthauer New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
An addendum: I installed CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers v11.1 Special Edition from the NXP website. I ran CW 11.1 and opened the "hello world" app from the earlier 10.2 workspace, and was able to run it successfully on the Xbee(!). I then went back to 10.2, and that can now also flash and debug the Xbee successfully. Presumably, 11.1 installed some necessary newer driver that enabled debugger communication?
answered Jan 27 by gbredthauer New to the Community (1 point)