Home/Support/Support Forum/List index out of bound and address violation
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

List index out of bound and address violation

0 votes
Hello,
I'm a beginner in both Dynamic C language and software. To be more at ease, I tried to personalize Dynamic C theme and while loading color .rgb scheme to edit synthax color, I made a mistake. Since then, when I start the software, an alert says: List index out of bound (-1) before it launches. Then, when I try to open a file, I have an other error: Access violation at address x in module 'VCL50.bpl'.
If I directly launch the software with a .c file and I try to close it, I have yet an other error: Access violation at address x in module 'Dcwd.exe'.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall the software multiple times, using the default uninstallator and CCleaner to clean afterwards, but the error persists and I suspect that the software configuration files aren't deleted.

Is it a known issue ? Is there a way to solve it?
Tyvm
asked Apr 12 in Rabbit Software by askia New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Try the following:

* Uninstall Dynamic C
* Launch the Registry Editor (run regedt32)
* Delete the entire "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/ZWorld/DCW" tree. My guess is that the "Rabbit/9.62/Environment/TextStyles" section (or whatever version you installed if not 9.62) has some bad data.
* Reinstall Dynamic C
answered Apr 12 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (2,303 points)
selected Apr 27 by TomCollins
Thank you for the quick answer. Since I was in a bit of a hurry and there was no data on the computer used, I just did a quick reset and it worked.