Home/Support/Support Forum/Digi XBee Cellular LTE Cat 1 Verizon in Europe
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Digi XBee Cellular LTE Cat 1 Verizon in Europe

0 votes
Hi,

I am trying to get a XBC-V1-UT-001 XBee Cat1 Verizon running in europe. I am struggeling with getting a right SIM card. Do u have any recommendations where to get a compatible SIM card? Is there any way so get a german SIM running?

Regards,
Max
asked May 4 in Digi Connect Cellular by Till_Ecki New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+2 votes
I don't think you are going to. The CAT 1 Verizon is for Verizon or carriers that run on Verizon. What you need is the AT&T version of the module for Europe.
answered May 4 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,108 points)
+1 vote
I don't believe Digi has "AT&T version of the module for Europe". The best bet is to use the Digi LTE-M/NB-IoT modem (model XB3M1), but it is still limited by LTE CAT-M1 and/or NB-IoT coverage by country.

We have XB2M1 working using Telefonica NB-IoT in Spain and Telstra CAT-M1 in Australia. This modem is certified by both AT&T and Verizon in the US.
answered May 6 by acpie360 Community Contributor (86 points)
Thanks. I will try to get my hands on a XB3-C-A2-UT-001 and connect it using a Telefonica NB-IoT here in Germany.