Home/Support/Support Forum/Why am I getting 'Name not registered' when executing a command from the API explorer? (upload a file to my device)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Why am I getting 'Name not registered' when executing a command from the API explorer? (upload a file to my device)

0 votes
I'm trying to upload a file to my digi xbee industrial gateway and I see that there is an API explorer on the device manager. I went ahead and created an example of this by going to API Explorer>Examples>SCI>RCI>File system>Upload to Device's Filesystem And it created the following:
Code:
<sci_request version="1.0"> <send_message> <targets> <device id="00000000-00000000-0004F3FF-FF1198C0"/> </targets> <rci_request version="1.1"> <do_command target="file_system"> <put_file name="/WEB/python/destination.txt"> <data>aW5zdGFsbC5zaAo=</data> </put_file> </do_command> </rci_request> </send_message> </sci_request>

On which I updated my device information and the BASE64 corresponding to the file contents and I'm getting the following as answer:
Code:
<sci_reply version="1.0"> <send_message> <device id="00000000-00000000-0004F3FF-FF1198C0"> <rci_reply version="1.1"> <do_command target="file_system"> <error id="2"> <desc>Name not registered</desc> <hint>file_system</hint> </error> </do_command> </rci_reply> </device> </send_message> </sci_reply>

Why is this happening? Isn't the API explorer supposed to create functional examples? Or what am I missing?
asked Jun 29 in Digi Remote Manager by m4l490n New to the Community (12 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
The API Explorer doesn't currently restrict the examples to only those relevant to your device, so some of them might not be applicable.

If you try the example found under `SCI -> File System Service -> Upload File` then I believe it should work for your device. The one you tried primarily works for older devices.
answered Jun 29 by cpopp Seasoned Professional (183 points)
selected Jun 29 by m4l490n
Yeah [b]SCI -> File System Service -> Upload File[/b] works.

Thanks!