This article explains how to add your Digi TransPort to the Digi Remote Manager server.Note:
This article assumes that you've already created a Digi Remote Manager
account, and that your TransPort is configured according to the guidelines found in this article:Configuring a Digi TransPort router for Remote Manager connectivity - Web User Interface (WebUI) method
Adding your Digi TransPort to Remote Manager
- Log into your Digi Remote Manager account.
- Click on the Device Management tab.
- Click on the Add Devices button on the tool bar
- Add the Digi TransPort by either discovering it locally, or manually adding the Device ID, using either of the the two methods described below:
- After hitting Add Devices (step 3 above), click the Discover >> button.
- After hitting Add Devices (step 3 above), click the dropdown which defaults to MAC Address, and select Device ID instead.
If you see the Blue/Connected icon next to your TransPort, it means that your device was properly configured, and you can now manage your TransPort on Remote Manager. If still not connected after a a few minutes, you'll want to re-check your TransPort Remote Management and Network configurations, as well as make sure you aren't running into any Firewall issues between the TransPort and Remote Manager. The following articles should be useful:
Configuring a Digi TransPort router for Remote Manager connectivity - Web User Interface (WebUI) method
HOW TO: Extract the debug.txt file from a Digi TransPort or Sarian Router
How to Factory Default a Transport router
How to obtain DEBUG output on TransPort routers through an SSH client
Getting Device Cloud Connected: Firewall concerns for outbound EDP connections to Device Cloud or Remote Manager
Aug 28, 2018