HOW TO: Kill Existing Sessions on the Portserver CM
- Killing any session from the CM command line.
ps ax | grep ttyS# [# equals the actual port number].
kill -9 [ttyS# PID]
- Killing any active sessions from the WEB UI.
Under "Administration" select "Active Sessions".
Select the session and click "Kill Session".
- Killing the telnet session you are currently on.
Type the "^]" [control-right square bracket] which is the default telnet escape characters.
- If the telnet was initiated from the CM, or if you are using a menu. You will be prompted with options to end, suspend, etc.
- If the telnet was initiated from an outside source. Issuing the telnet escape will take you to the "telnet>" prompt where you type "quit".
- Killing the ssh session you are currently on.
Type the "~." [tilde-dot] which is the default ssh escape characters.
Last updated: Aug 08, 2017