Digi to Exhibit ConnectCore 8X System-on-Modules (SOMs) and Single-Board-Computers (SBCs) and related Development Kits Along with Digi XBee3 Modules and Modems at Premier International IoT Event
Nuremberg, Germany, Feb. 20, 2019 –
Digi International®, (NASDAQ: DGII, www.digi.com
), a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, today announced that it will showcase its ConnectCore® 8X system-on-modules and SBCs, and the Digi XBee3® series of modules and modems at Embedded World 2019
. Additionally, Digi will host demonstrations and educational sessions that will illustrate the latest in embedded technology and its capabilities. Embedded World takes place in the Exhibition Centre Nuremberg, February 26-28, 2019. Digi will be exhibiting its solutions in Hall 3, booth 629.
At the event, Digi will introduce ConnectCore 8X development kits, which are designed to provide hardware and software engineers, corporate technologists, and even educators and students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in integrating connectivity into their IoT solutions and applications.
Digi’s extremely small, Digi SMTplus® form factor ConnectCore 8X system-on-module (SOM) and single board computer (SBC) utilize the NXP i.MX 8 QuadXPlus processor
family based on ARM® Cortex®-A35 and Cortex-M4F cores. Designed for ultimate reliability and design freedom, the ConnectCore 8X offers 2X2 MIMO 802.11ac + Bluetooth® Smart connectivity, graphics, video, image processing, audio/voice capabilities, as well as Digi TrustFence® security for advanced IoT applications for highly regulated sectors including medical/healthcare, transportation, building automation, advanced HMI, and industrial.
The Digi XBee3 series of smart edge RF modules and cellular modems are built on an incredibly small micro form factor
and designed to support IoT innovation at the network edge. With a modular approach to IoT connectivity, the Digi XBee3 series enables the integration of new functions with MicroPython programmability, dual-mode radios and the ability to upgrade firmware over-the-air (OTA). These functionalities enable wireless design flexibility, cost-effective integration and easily added custom business logic at the network edge. The result is innovative IoT solutions that can be more quickly developed, prototyped and mass-produced.
“So much of the IoT is centered around embedded technology and this is the foremost venue to highlight what Digi International brings to the space,” said Mike Ueland, senior vice president, Digi International. “We’re excited to present our use cases and partnership stories as we use Embedded World as the launching pad for the ConnectCore 8X, as we did with the Digi XBee3 series, which has seen a hugely positive response in the industry.”
Planned Product Introductions and Demonstrations:
- Digi ConnectCore 8X– The Digi ConnectCore 8X System-on-Modules and SBCs demo in the Digi booth with NXP (Digi is an NXP early access partner), Au-Zone and AWS, will highlight image recognition capabilities and design flexibility.
- Remote IoT Connectivity with Digi XBee3 Cellular: Digi will showcase its remote device management capabilities between a Digi XBee3 Cellular device and the cloud-based Digi Remote Manager® by remotely monitoring and controlling devices located in multiple locations in Europe and North America directly from the trade show floor.
- Digi XBee3 End-to-End IoT Networking: Digi will present the latest advancements in the Digi XBee3 platform, including multi-protocol support (Zigbee, CAT-1, LTE-M, NB-IoT + Bluetooth LE), with an IoT networking solution composed of Digi XBee3 modules, Digi XBee industrial gateways and network/device management tools. These updates enable new use cases for improved installation, local control diagnostics and configuration. The network and device management element uses a new XBee® Mobile application for the Digi XBee configuration over Bluetooth via a phone or tablet.
- SteadyServ iKeg: This application demonstration will show the SteadyServ iKeg using sensors to measure keg volume, analyze the data locally with a Digi ConnectPort gateway , then send the analysis into the cloud over a Zigbee connection. The iKeg application presents the cloud-based information to bar managers to help accurately inventory and proactively order more when beer runs low.
Co-exhibitors and partner participation
- On Wednesday, February 27, from 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Andreas Burghart, solutions sales engineer at Digi International, and Richard Elberger, global IoT partner solutions architect at AWS, will co-host a session as part of Session 1.1 in the Internet of Things track titled, “Where the Cloud Meets the Edge: Five Tenets for Success at the Edge.” The session will look at cloud and edge computing capabilities and finding the right hardware to deliver intelligence where it matters most.
About Digi International
- In addition to its own booth, Digi will exhibit solutions with its partners throughout the venue, including in Mouser’s “Future Cities” virtual reality demonstration (hall 3A, booth 111) which will feature Digi XBee XGI Industrial Gateways in both the “Digital Twinning” and “Smarter Edge” sections. Digi will also have a presence with Arrow (hall 4A, booth 340), Atlantik Elektronik (hall 3, booth 141), Avnet Silica (hall 1, booth 370), AWS (hall 4, booth 568), CODICO (hall 3, booth 310), Digi-Key Electronics (hall 4A, booth 633) and NXP Semiconductors (hall 4A, booth 220).
Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII) is a leading global provider of business and mission-critical Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services. We help our customers create next-generation connected products and deploy and manage critical communications infrastructures in demanding environments with high levels of security, relentless reliability and bulletproof performance. Founded in 1985, we’ve helped our customers connect over 100 million things, and growing. For more information, visit Digi's website at www.digi.com, or call 877-912-3444 (U.S.) or 952-912-3444 (International).
Note for editors
To arrange an interview or product briefing with a Digi executive during Embedded World 2019, contact Anthony Hildebrand or John Waite at Catalyst For Content using the details below.
Anthony Hildebrand or John Waite
Catalyst For Content
Office: +44 (0) 1753 648140
Office: +1 781-418-2402