Digi Remote Manager enables deployment of custom applications via containers
Digi Containers simplify and centralize the process of building, deploying and running custom applications on devices managed with Digi Remote Manager® (Digi RM) as the central portal.
Containers with custom programs or Python applications can be loaded via Digi RM on any device running the Digi Accelerated Linux operating system (DAL OS).
THE DIGI ADVANTAGE — FROM DEVELOPMENT TO DEPLOYMENT
As an add-on service to Digi Remote Manager, Digi Containers are a powerful capability implemented via Lightweight Linux Containers (LXC).
LXC tools enable developers to package up a custom application, with its dependencies and configuration, into a lightweight, portable bundle that shares only the running kernel with the host device.
REMOTE MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY FOR CONTAINERIZED APPLICATIONS
Using Digi DRM to manage containers leverages our proven cloudbased platform that offers a single point of command to securely monitor, control and update programs running on connected Digi routers.
What’s more, developers aren’t limited to x86-based products: Digi offers dozens of DAL OS-based devices that can run containers.
KEY BENEFITS OF DIGI CONTAINERS
- Portability: A containerized application holds everything it needs to run and can be deployed in private and public clouds to easily move workloads among environments and providers.
- Scalability: Containers can scale horizontally to expand capacity/throughput as needed. By running only what you need when you need it, costs decrease significantly.
- Security: By design, containers and the host system are inherently isolated from one another, so if one is compromised, others won’t be affected.
- Speed: Autonomy from the operating system results in greater control, with the ability to start or stop a containerized application in seconds, achieve faster development and operational speed, and deliver a smoother user experience.
- Efficiency: Since a separate operating system isn’t required, containers require fewer resources than virtual machines to run several containers on a single server, and less hardware means lower costs and fewer points of failure.
Digi Containers are available as a subscription added to Digi Remote Manager Premier.