The Digi XBee 3 Global LTE-M/NB-IoT Development Kit provides OEMs with a simple, quick way to integrate cellular connectivity into their devices
Digi XBee® 3 Global LTE-M/NB-IoT embedded smart modems bring together the power and flexibility of the Digi XBee Ecosystem with the latest in LTE cellular technology. OEMs can quickly integrate cutting edge LTE cellular into their devices and applications, eliminating the time-consuming and expensive FCC and carrier end-device certification process.
The Digi XBee 3 Global LTE-M/NB-IoT development kit help developers integrate cellular connectivity into applications using Digi XBee 3 Global LTE-M/NB-IoT embedded modems. Starting with simple examples, we provide step-by-step guidance as you assemble the kit components to create reliable, low-power cellular communication connectivity for OEM devices like sensors and monitoring systems.
Each kit includes three months of cellular data service, pre-activated and ready to go, so your team can focus on your primary goal: prototyping and developing products.
This kit is designed for anyone interested in getting started in the world of embedded cellular. Hardware and software engineers, corporate technologists, or educators and students can quickly learn more about cellular integration using the hands-on examples included in the kit.
With the full suite of standard Digi XBee API frames and AT commands, MicroPython and Digi XCTU®, Digi XBee customers can seamlessly transition to this embedded modem with only minor software adjustments. OEMs can future-proof your designs by adding Digi XBee 3 Global LTE-M/NB-IoT.
Ideal for any OEM business following an agile roadmap, Digi XBee 3 Global LTE-M/NB-IoT provides the flexibility to switch between wireless protocols or migrate to LTE Cat 1. Digi Remote Manager® allows you to configure, deploy and manage devices from a central platform.
Your kit includes:
- Digi XBee 3 Global LTE-M/NB-IoT embedded modem
- Digi XBee 3 Development Board
- SIM card for LTE-M cellular service out of the box
- 3 months of free cellular service*
- Free schematic review by Digi WDS**
- Antennas and power cable
*Service is limited to ~5 MB/month and limited SMS. For testing purposes only; not for production.
**Level 1 review
Digi XBee 3 Global LTE-M/NB-IoT, GNSS, 2G
- Cellular Chipset: Telit ME310-WW
- Form factor (connector footprint): Digi XBee® 20-pin through-hole
- Antenna options: 1 U.FL cellular, 1 U.FL Bluetooth®, 1 U.FL GNSS
- Dimensions: 24.38 mm x 32.94 mm (0.96 in x 1.3 in)
- Operating temperature: -40 ºC to 85 ºC (-40 ºF to 185 ºF)
- SIM size: 4FF Nano
- Interface and I/O
- Data interface: UART, SPI, USB
- Operating modes (LTE-M): Transparent and API over serial, PPP over USB
- Operating modes (NB-IoT): Transparent, API, UDP
- Security: Digi TrustFence® security with secure boot and protected JTAG
- Configuration tools: Digi XCTU® (local), Digi Remote Manager® (OTA)
- Embedded programmability: MicroPython with 1024 kB flash / 64 kB RAM
- I/O: 4 ADC lines (10-bit), 13 digital I/O, USB, I2C
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Cellular characteristics
- Transmit power: Up to 23 dBm (LTE-M/NB-IoT), up to 33 dBm (2G)
- Receive sensitivity (LTE-M): -105 dBm
- Receive sensitivity (NB-IoT): -113 dBm
- Supported bands: Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 66, 71 and 85
- Downlink / uplink speeds (LTE-M): Up to 588 kbps downilnk, up to 1 Mbps uplink
- Downlink / uplink speeds (NB-IoT): Up to 120 kbps downlink, up to 160 kbps uplink
- Downlink / uplink speeds (2G): Up to 264 kbps downlink, up to 210 kbps uplink
- Duplex mode: Half-duplex
- Power requirements (at 3.3 VDC input power)
- Supply voltage: 3.3 to 4.3 VDC
- Peak transmit current: 550 mA with Bluetooth disabled; 610 mA with Bluetooth enabled
- Avg transmit current (LTE-M): 1.25 A peak, 410 mA average (GM2 modules); 450 mA peak, 200 mA average (GM1 modules)
- Avg transmit current (NB-IoT): 1.3 A peak, 410 mA average (GM2 modules); 400 mA peak, 270 mA average (GM1 modules)
- Avg transmit current (2G): 2.1 A peak, 320 mA average (GM2 modules)
- Idle: 200 mA peak, 100 mA average
- Power save mode: 20 μA
- Deep sleep: 2.65 μA
- Regulatory and carrier approvals
- FCC (USA): MCQ-XB3M2
- ISED (Canada): 1846A-XB3M2
- CE / RED (Europe): Complete
- RCM (Australia / New Zealand): Pending
- UKCA (United Kingdom): Complete
- PTCRB, AT&T and Verizon: Complete