Applicable To: LR54, LR54W, LR54-FIPS and LR54W-FIPS
The 126.96.36.199 firmware upgrade for the
Digi TransPort LR54 is a system migration upgrade. Because of this, it is very IMPORTANT to note that once the LR54 device
has been updated to v188.8.131.52, it CANNOT be downgraded to an
Methods to Update to 184.108.40.206:
1. CLI (Command Line Interface) - Any firmware can be upgraded to
220.127.116.11. Please refer to this URL for details on how to upgrade firmware
2. Digi Remote Manager (DRM)
- Any firmware can be upgraded to 18.104.22.168. Please refer to this URL for
details on how to upgrade firmware via DRM.
Web User Interface - The LR54 MUST be running firmware 22.214.171.124
before upgrading to 126.96.36.199, otherwise the upgrade will fail. If you are
running an earlier version than 188.8.131.52, we recommend that you reboot your
device and update to the 184.108.40.206 release first, before updating to 220.127.116.11
To update to 18.104.22.168 (if needed):
1. Download the firmware update file http://ftp1.digi.com/support/firmware/transport/LR54/v22.214.171.124/lr54-126.96.36.199.bin
for LR54-FIPS devices) to your PC.
2. In the Web UI, navigate to the System > Firmware Update page. In
the Getting Started Wizard, navigate through to the Firmware Update page.
3. In the Available Version selection box, select Upload firmware.
4. Click on Choose file and select the downloaded 188.8.131.52 bin file
5. Click on UPDATE FIRMWARE.
The firmware update from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 will take approx. 3 minutes 40
seconds. If you are doing the firmware update via the Web UI or Getting
Started Wizard, you may see the Web UI or Getting Started Wizard timeout as it
waits for the LR54 to reboot. The Web UI or Getting Started Wizard may
automatically reconnect once the LR54 has rebooted, or you may have to manually
Last updated: Sep 13, 2018