Digi cellular routers meet stringent PCI compliance standards
PCI DSS requirements were created to build and maintain security within the entire financial network to ensure the highest level of protection for payment card transactions. From protecting cardholder data, to implementing strong access control and information security policies – Digi offers a complete line of cellular routers to help financial institutions meet PCI security standards for all kinds of POS, retail and banking applications.
To see how Digi routers can be a part of your card transaction protection system, please download our white paper here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Digi router is best for my applications?
If you require a router that initiates or terminates a VPN connection to a payment processor, then choose Digi TransPort® cellular routers for their full PCI feature set:
- Stateful inspection firewall
- Network segmentation via VLAN or Ethernet port isolation
- MAC filtering to prevent unwanted client PCs on the network
- Encryption and authentication via IPsec, IKE, SSL, SSH and Z.509 certificates
- Configurable user levels and remote authentication
- Full event logging, stored via Syslog, including event alarms
If you require a pass-through connection as part of an existing VPN connection, the following Digi cellular routers are recommended:
Digi TransPort Routers
- Digi TransPort WR11 XT - Secure 3G/4G/LTE cellular router for retail, kiosk and industrial control applications
- Digi TransPort WR44 R - All-in-one 4G LTE cellular router with advanced routing and VPN features, designed for use in rugged environments
- Digi TransPort WR44 RR - Cellular router with 3G/4G GPS. Designed for use on-board rail vehicles.
- Digi TransPort WR21 - Compact, flexible, low-cost 3G/4G/LTE enterprise router for remote and mobile networking applications
- Digi TransPort WR31 - Intelligent 4G LTE router designed for critical infrastructure and industrial applications
What if we don’t need PCI, but do need a secure remote connection?
You can access our security overview guide for Digi Connect devices to learn how to apply physical and cyber security to protect wireless device access and data traffic.
What are the PCI DSS compliance standards and requirements?
Primary PCI DSS requirements include:
- Build and maintain a secure network
- o Install and maintain a firewall configuration to prevent access to cardholder data o Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
- Protect stored cardholder data
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
- Maintain a vulnerability management program
- Use and regularly update anti-virus software
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
- Implement strong access control measures
- Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data
- Monitor and test networks on a routine basis
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Regularly test security systems and processes
- Develop an information security policy
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security