Debug and other information to collect for trouble shooting Digi Cellular VPN issues
Below is information that needs to be collected and given to Digi Technical Support for trouble shooting VPN issues.
- Firmware version of the DIgi and VPN appliance.
- Cellular Carrier
- Log entries from the Digi Connect WAN (disp tech and disp log) or Digi TransPort (debug.txt)
- To collect info from the Digi Connect WAN, see Collecting General Technical Support Logs for Digi Connect WAN and Digi ConnectPort WAN Cellular Devices.
- To collect log info from the Digi TransPort, you can gather this either via FTP or the WebUI by going to Administration - File Management > FLASH Directory, right-click on debug.txt and select Save Target As (or whatever term your browser uses). For more details, see HOW TO: Extract the debug.txt file from a Digi TransPort or Sarian Router .
- Configuration files from Digi Connect WAN or TransPort
- For the Digi Connect WAN, in the WebUI, go to Administration > Backup/Restore and then click on the Backup button.
- For the TransPort, go to Administration - File Management > FLASH Directory, right-click on config.da0 and select Save Target As (or whatever term your browser uses). For more details, see Quick Note 003: Backup and Restore Configuration Files
- Device information for the other VPN tunnel end device (remote)
- VPN parameters configured in the other end of the VPN tunnel device (remote). This would consist of either a config file or screen shots.
- Log or debug entries from the other VPN tunnel end device (remote)
- If the other end is Cisco IOS based device, ask for debug and status info:
- Debug crypt engine
- Debug crypt ISAKMP
- Debug crypt IPSCE
- Show crypt ISAKMP SA
- Show crypt IPSEC SA
- Show running (at least provide VPN related entries)
- If the other end is not Cisco IOS based, ask for system logs and configuration file of VPN router involved.