Below is information that needs to be collected and given to Digi Technical Support for trouble shooting VPN issues.
- Firmware version of the Digi and VPN appliance.
- Cellular Carrier
- Log entries from the Digi Connect WAN (disp tech and disp log) or Digi TransPort (debug.txt)
- To collect info from the Digi Connect WAN, see Collecting General Technical Support Logs for Digi Connect WAN and Digi ConnectPort WAN Cellular Devices.
- To collect log info from the Digi TransPort, you can gather this either via FTP or the WebUI by going to Administration - File Management > FLASH Directory, right-click on debug.txt and select Save Target As (or whatever term your browser uses). For more details, see HOW TO: Extract the debug.txt file from a Digi TransPort or Sarian Router .
- Configuration files from Digi Connect WAN or TransPort
- For the Digi Connect WAN, in the WebUI, go to Administration > Backup/Restore and then click on the Backup button.
- For the TransPort, go to Administration - File Management > FLASH Directory, right-click on config.da0 and select Save Target As (or whatever term your browser uses). For more details, see Quick Note 003: Backup and Restore Configuration Files
- Device information for the other VPN tunnel end device (remote)
- VPN parameters configured in the other end of the VPN tunnel device (remote). This would consist of either a config file or screen shots.
- Log or debug entries from the other VPN tunnel end device (remote)
- If the other end is Cisco IOS based device, ask for debug and status info:
- Debug crypt engine
- Debug crypt ISAKMP
- Debug crypt IPSCE
- Show crypt ISAKMP SA
- Show crypt IPSEC SA
- Show running (at least provide VPN related entries)
- If the other end is not Cisco IOS based, ask for system logs and configuration file of VPN router involved.