Digi XBee Tools Wins the 2019 Minnesota Tekne Award for IoT
On November 20, 2019, Digi International was presented with the 2019 Minnesota Tekne Award, in the IoT category, for Digi XBee® Tools. The set of tools, which rolled out in 2019, includes software and hardware solutions for every aspect of the IoT lifecycle: design, build, deploy and manage.
Each year the Tekne Awards shine a spotlight on Minnesota’s science and technology community by honoring innovation across numerous industries. The annual Tekne Awards gala draws our state’s most influential business, educational and government leaders together to celebrate Minnesota’s science and technology based economy.
Finalists this year for the award in the IoT category were Digi International, SleepNumber and 75F. We were honored to be among these distinguished Minnesota leaders, and even more thrilled and honored to have taken home the award.
The Award Ceremony
The Minnesota Tekne Awards took place at the Minneapolis Convention Center, following a banquet. The high energy presentations were presided over by MHTA President and CEO, Jeff Tollefson and local Minnesota meteorologist and entrepreneur, Paul Douglas.
Mike Ueland, President of Digi’s IoT Products and Services division, accepted the award on behalf of Digi International.
“We are exceptionally proud of this achievement,” Mr. Ueland said. “Digi has deep roots in Minnesota, as our company was founded here over 30 years ago, and our headquarters are based here in Hopkins.”
Today, Digi is a global company, with satellite locations in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and China.
Mr. Ueland continued, “I would like to extend thanks and appreciation to our developer teams in Hopkins Minnesota, Lindon Utah and Logrono Spain for their hard work and dedication in building the Digi XBee Tools suite to help organizations simplify development, get to market faster, improve their IoT security, and have the ability to monitor and manage their deployed devices.”
Digi was represented at the awards by a team that included company executives as well as members of engineering, product management, marketing and Digi’s Wireless Design Services group.
About Digi XBee Tools
The Digi XBee Tools suite is designed to make developers’ lives easier, and to improve every aspect of their processes, from prototyping to testing the functionality of their design, ensuring their applications require as few board spins as possible, meet certification requirements and operate securely. These tools also support rapid manufacturing of the configured devices so they can be deployed quickly, and they provide all the tools needed to get the finished product deployed and tested in the field and provide monitoring and ongoing management.
The award-winning Digi XBee Tools suite is growing, and today includes tools in four categories:
- Digi XCTU®: A free application for configuring devices with firmware, testing communication range and more.
- Digi XBIB-C Development Boards: Circuit boards for rapid proof-of-concept and functionality testing.
- Digi XBee GPS Daughter Board: An accessory for use with the Digi XBIB-C development boards, specifically for designing and testing GPS functionality.
- Digi XBee MicroPython PyCharm IDE Plugin: An environment for rapid MicroPython development on a Digi XBee 3.
- Digi XBee MicroPython: A resource that includes a library of modules and code samples for use on Digi XBee devices.
- Digi XBee Mobile SDK: A software development kit for connecting Digi XBee modules via Bluetooth.
- Digi XBee Multi Programmer: A tool that enables rapid production of configured Digi XBee devices.
- Digi XBee Network Assistant: A tool that enables developers to discover devices on a network, visualize the network on a map, test network strength and perform batch firmware updates.
- Digi XBee 3 USB Adapter: A USB-based hardware device that provides local connectivity to wireless Digi XBee networks from a laptop or PC.
- Digi XBee mobile app: An iOS and Android compatible mobile app for configuring and managing a Digi XBee network via Bluetooth from a mobile device.
- Digi Remote Manager: A configuration, security and remote management tool that automates configuration and security and enables those who manage IoT deployments to keep tabs on their entire deployment, even if it grows to many thousands of devices.
These tools support multiple critical needs of developers, production teams and IoT network managers to ensure every aspect of creating and managing their IoT deployment is efficient, secure and scalable.
Looking for guidance on your IoT project? Contact Digi for consultation on the right solutions for your IoT needs.