MINNETONKA, Minn., July 10, 2018 –
Digi International®, (NASDAQ: DGII, www.digi.com
), a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, today unveiled the Digi TransPort® WR64
, a high performance cellular router with dual redundant communications for complex transit systems. This dual module LTE-Advanced router is designed to support the connectivity needs of transit agencies and their riders with cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity today, and the ability to simply add components for future 5G functionality. Along with enterprise class routing, the Digi TransPort WR64 integrates security, firewall and VPN functions.
Until now, routers designed for the transit industry have not been prepared to meet the increasing speed capabilities of cellular networks. The introduction of LTE CAT 6 with carrier aggregation is pushing theoretical download speeds to 300 Mbps, and the next generation of cellular radios are capable of aggregating three or more channels for speeds up to 600 Mbps; 5G deployments will only further increase speed demands. The Digi TransPort WR64 is purpose built to meet these new capabilities and the higher expectations that come with them.
Today, riders demand a seamless Wi-Fi experience, and with so many transportation options, transit agencies that are unable to provide it will struggle to grow or even retain their ridership. Agencies, meanwhile, must be able to integrate vehicle data from cameras, engines and logistics programs while maintaining the highest level of security.
The Digi TransPort WR64 meets these simultaneous needs with dual 600 Mbps CAT 11 cellular radios and dual Wi-Fi radios that allow transit agencies to segment private data from public data, so Internet access for passengers is managed securely and separately from connectivity for onboard systems. Other key features include:
- Video and vehicle data offload over 1.7 Gbps 802.11ac Wi-Fi backhaul: with the latest in high-speed Wi-Fi, vehicles are able to offload data quickly when at a depot allowing them to return to service as fast as possible
- Passenger Wi-Fi over 867 Mbps 802.11ac access point: again leveraging the latest Wi-Fi protocol, the Digi TransPort WR64 supports all IP-enabled passenger devices with the most recent technology
- Wired Gigabit Ethernet (4-port) for onboard systems: four on-device Gigabit Ethernet ports eliminate the need for a separate network switch on board
- Designed with quad-core 1.91GHz, 64-bit CPU: this high-speed architecture future proofs users with a CPU capable of supporting higher network speeds once infrastructure is updated to support it
- Digi Remote Manager: with Digi’s web-based management tool, users can simply manage their devices and bandwidth requirements
“We’ve learned a lot about transit over the past several years in the positive train control (PTC) market and we’ve leveraged the relationships we’ve built to gather insight on the specific needs of connectivity in the industry overall, in terms of key features, size and compatibility,” said Scott Nelson, vice president, product, at Digi International. “The result is the Digi TransPort WR64 which not only supports the key function of segmented public and private data flow, but is the first such product to do so with future performance levels in mind.”
The Digi TransPort WR64 is available now. For more information, please visit: https://www.digi.com/products/cellular-solutions/cellular-routers/digi-transport-wr-64?utm_source=business-wire&utm_medium=pressrelease&utm_campaign=wr64
About Digi International
Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII) is a leading global provider of business and mission-critical Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M connectivity products and services. We help our customers create next-generation connected products and deploy and manage critical communications infrastructures in demanding environments with high levels of security, relentless reliability and bulletproof performance. Founded in 1985, we’ve helped our customers connect over 100 million things, and growing. For more information, visit Digi's website at www.digi.com, or call 877-912-3444 (U.S.) or 952-912-3444 (International).
Office: +1 781-418-2402