|Mobile Status field||Description|
|SIM PIN status||
GSM Indicates whether a PIN needs to be entered to unlock the SIM card. There area many possible status values; some common ones are:
- READY: SIM is ready. PIN has been entered or no PIN is needed.
- SIM PIN: PIN is required to unlock the SIM. It can be entered on the Mobile Configuration page.
- SIM PUK, SIM PIN2, SIM PUK2, and similar codes: SIM is locked and cannot be unlocked by the ConnectPort X2e SE Cellular device. It must be placed in another device or phone to be unlocked.
- Error: SIM not inserted or other SIM problem.
|SIM slot index||
Displayed for products that support multiple SIMs only. Indicates which SIM slot is currently in use by the device. 0 means the first slot, 1 means the second slot.
Received cellular signal strength indicator (RSSI). A measure of the signal level of the network.
For GSM, a signal strength of -108 or more is equivalent to 1 bar, -93 to 2 bars, and -77 to 3 bars.
An indicator of the received cellular signal, in bars.
0: No signal
1: Poor signal
2: Adequate signal
3: Good signal
|Signal quality||An indicator of the quality of the received cellular signal, measured in dB.This value is also known as Ec/Io.|
|Registration status||The status of the cellular modem’s connection to a cellular network. |
- Not registered
- Registered (Home network)
- Searching for Network
- Not Registered (Access Denied)
- Not Available (Reason not Known)
- Registered (Roaming)
|Mobile country code /|
Mobile network code
|These codes are used to uniquely identify a mobile phone operator/carrier with which the cellular modem is registered. For example, for AT&T, these codes would be 310 and 410.|
|Connection state||The operating state of the cellular modem:|
- Initializing: Modem is being reset and configured
- Registering: Modem is searching for a network
- Delay before connecting: Modem is delaying after an unsuccessful connection (Verizon only)
- Connecting: Mobile data connection is being established
- Connected: Mobile data connection is active
- Disconnecting: Mobile data connection is ending
- Disconnected: Mobile data connection has ended. See Disconnect reason for the cause.
- Disabled: Mobile data connection is not enabled by configuration settings.
- No device found: Modem is not available or is malfunctioning.
Displayed after a connection error occurs only. Indicates the reason the previous connection attempt failed:
- SIM PIN required: The SIM PIN must be entered on the Mobile Configuration page.
- SIM PIN incorrect: The SIM PIN entered does not match the actual one for the SIM.
- SIM not ready: No SIM inserted or other SIM problem.
- Not registered: Modem did not register with a cellular network.
- Dial failed: Error starting data connection.
- Authentication failed: Incorrect login or password entered on the Mobile Configuration page.
- Connection timeout: Connection did not complete.
- Device reset error: Modem could not be reset.
- Device open error: Modem is malfunctioning.
- Device config error: Modem could not be configured.
- PPP error: Internal system error
|Disconnect reason||Displayed after a previous connection was ended. Indicates the reason the previous connection was ended:|
- User requested: Initiated by user action.
- Network disconnect: Initiated by cellular network or carrier.
- Carrier loss: Poor signal or disconnected by network.
- Connection timer: Connection did not complete.
- Receive idle timer: No data received for configured receive idle time.
- Device monitoring error: Error while monitoring the modem status. May indicate a malfunctioning modem.
|IP address||Internet protocol address of the mobile data interface. The device may be contacted at this IP address if permitted by the carrier.|
|DNS primary address|
IP address of the primary Domain Name System (DNS) server assigned by the mobile carrier. This server resolves domain names to IP addresses.
|DNS secondary address||IP address of the backup DNS server assigned by the mobile carrier.|