PARIS, March 6, 2017 – Digi International®, (NASDAQ: DGII, www.digi.com), a leading global provider of machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, today announced the key company activities and events taking place during Embedded World. The event takes place in the Exhibition Centre Nuremberg, March 14-16, 2017. Digi will be co-exhibiting its solutions in Hall 3, booths 3-141 and 3-310.
During the three-day event, Digi representatives will host a series of ongoing presentations and demonstrations featuring a number of Digi’s M2M and IoT products. The company will be discussing its product innovations and offering details about its forthcoming ConnectCore® for i.MX6UL Single Board Computers, the Digi XBee® Cellular NB-IoT modem and product plans for the LoRa specification. Digi will also provide visitors with an opportunity to order ConnectCore for i.MX6UL Starter and Development kits.
“Digi International and Embedded World have a long history of introducing market-focused solutions that enable breakthrough realization,” said Kevin C. Riley, chief operating officer, Digi International. “As a premier global event, Embedded World is the perfect venue to introduce new products that move the IoT industry forward.”
Product introductions and Demonstrations
Digi representatives will be showcasing current solutions, previewing upcoming products and conducting educational sessions including the following:
- ConnectCore 6UL System-on-Module (SOM) – ConnectCore for i.MX6UL SOM is designed as a secure and intelligent embedded platform tailored for device manufacturers building highly cost-effective and dependable connected devices without the traditional hardware or software design risk. Based on the NXP i.MX 6UltraLite applications processor, the module offers the unique patent-pending Digi SMTplus™ surface mount form factor which is just slightly larger than a postage stamp. It also features optional 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.2 wireless connectivity, industrial operating temperature, two cost-optimized integration options (LGA and castellated edge vias), and industry-leading ultra-low power operation down to 35 µA using Digi’s seamlessly integrated Microcontroller Assist™ (MCA) capabilities.
- ConnectCore 6UL Single Board Computers (SBCs) – Digi will be previewing the capabilities of the upcoming ConnectCore for i.MX6UL Single Board Computers (SBC). The ConnectCore 6 for i.MX6UL SBCs deliver pre-certified, off-the-shelf single board computers with wireless and wired connectivity, cellular connectivity options, complete Yocto Project Linux support, and full Digi TrustFence™ device security integration. The ConnectCore 6 for i.MX6UL SBC Pro (100 x 72 mm, Pico-ITX) and ConnectCore for i.MX6UL SBC Express (87 x 63 mm) form factors are optimized platforms for a broad range of industrial-strength applications, and offer dramatically accelerated time-to-market by eliminating the need for custom hardware design efforts.
- Digi XBee® Cellular NB-IoT – Digi will be featuring the European version of Digi XBee Cellular designed for Cat NB-IoT. Optimized for Vodafone networks in Europe, this version of Digi XBee Cellular will allow Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to quickly and easily integrate cellular NB-IoT into their designs with reliable, low-cost, low-power consumption that includes additional built-in security.
- Digi XBee® LoRa and Digi XBee® LoRaWAN™ - Due in 2017 for European and North American markets, Digi has begun development of Digi XBee for both LoRa and LoRaWAN wireless platforms, including embedded modules and gateways. Embedded World participants are invited to visit Digi representatives to learn more about the Digi XBee LoRa offerings and roadmap.
- Educational sessions – On Thursday, March 16, from 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Mike Rohrmoser, director of product management, embedded systems at Digi International, will be presenting as part of session 33 titled, “Choosing the Right SOC/SOM for Wireless M2M Connectivity.” The session will review the system-on-chip (SOC) and system-on-module (SOM) as an ideal platform for quick, focused product design.
- Co-exhibitors and partner participation - Digi will be exhibiting solutions with its partners throughout the venue, including Arrow Electronics (Hall 4A, booth 4A-340), Atlantik Elektronik (Hall 3, booth 3-141), CODICO (Hall 3, booth 3-310), Digi-Key Electronics (Hall 4A, booth 4A-631) and NXP Semiconductors (Hall 4A, booth 4A-220).
- In-booth demos (Atlantik and CODICO booths)
- ConnectCore for i.MX6UL – The interactive demo will showcase the key features of the rugged ConnectCore for i.MX6UL SOM including Digi TrustFence security, ultra-low-power operation, sensor integration, cloud connectivity, display integration and user interface capabilities.
- Digi XBee ZigBee – This demo showcases a cloud-connected industrial lighting application including the Digi XBee ZigBee module and a Digi XBee ZigBee gateway to create a wireless mesh lighting solution that can be monitored and controlled remotely.
ConnectCore for i.MX6UL Starter and Development kits and module sample quantities are currently available. General availability for module production orders is March 30, 2017. Embedded World attendees will be able to order the ConnectCore for i.MX6UL Developer kit from partners at an Embedded World show discounted price of $99 USD (MSRP $249 USD).
About Digi International
Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII) is a leading global provider of business and mission-critical machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services. We help our customers create next-generation connected products and deploy and manage critical communications infrastructures in demanding environments with high levels of security, relentless reliability and bulletproof performance. Founded in 1985, we’ve helped our customers connect over 100 million things, and growing. For more information, visit Digi's website at www.digi.com, or call 877-912-3444 (U.S.) or 952-912-3444 (International).
Office: +44 (0)1323 760 335
Office: +1 781-418-2402