The RCM4200 series of core modules are pin-compatible and easily interchangeable with other RCM4XXX based products. The RCM4200 acts as the microprocessor of an embedded system and is designed to mount directly to a user-supplied motherboard, allowing CMOS-compatible digital devices to interface with the motherboard. The RCM4200 offers robust features including large memory and Fast Ethernet, making it ideal for intensive communications and data-logging applications. The optional analog helps to diversify your connectivity options.
Evaluation of the RCM4200 is easy with the RabbitCore RCM4200 development kit, which provides all the necessary hardware and software to quickly get started.
The RCM4200 family of microprocessor core modules are powerful embedded control devices that offer intelligence, 10/100Base-T Ethernet connectivity, optional analog inputs, and ample memory for sophisticated data logging and serial to Ethernet applications.
The RCM4200 RabbitCore modules are equipped with 10/100 Ethernet connectivity, combined with 4 Mbytes or 8 Mbytes serial flash memory storage for intensive communication and data logging applications. The optional on-board 12-bit analog channels diversify your device connectivity options.
At the heart of the RCM4200 is the Rabbit 4000 microprocessor which features a clock speed of up to 58.98 MHz. Other features include hardware DMA, auxiliary I/O, quadrature decoder, input capture, GPIO lines shared with up to five serial ports, and four levels of alternate pin functions that include variable phase PWM. The Rabbit 4000 boasts an additional 500+ new operational code instructions that increases the processing efficiency, from its predecessor the Rabbit 3000.
The RCM4200 RabbitCore modules are easily interchangeable with other RCM4xxx based products due to electrical and functional compatibility. With a small footprint of 1.84”x2.42” (47mm x 61mm), the RCM4200 is compact and can easily be mounted directly onto a user-designed motherboard, allowing CMOS-compatible digital devices to interface via the user’s motherboard.
- Rabbit® 4000 microprocessor running at up to 58.98 MHz
- 10/100Base-T Ethernet, RJ-45 jack
- 4 Mbytes or 8 Mbytes Serial Flash for mass data storage
- 512K Flash/512K SRAM
- 8-channel, 12-bit A/D converter (RCM4200)
- Up to 35 GPIO with multi-layer alternate pin functions
- Up to 5 serial ports
- Synchronized PWM channels with 16-bit counter
- Optimized for use with Dynamic C® - a powerful integrated development environment
- Designed for embedded networking with intelligence and I/O control
- Serves web pages, controls remote devices, links equipment to the internet
- Security-key feature with “tamper detect” and encryption capabilities adds peace of mind for OEMs and systems integrators
- Complete microprocessor, on-board memory, royalty-free TCP/IP stack, and hundreds of sample programs reduces time-to-market
- Serial-to-Ethernet applications
- Data-logging via Ethernet
- Remote monitoring and communications
- Web-enabling devices
- Device/data management and control