While 80% of new products fail cellular certifications on the first attempt, Digi WDS guarantees a passing grade for your certification.
During the certification process, we complete all regulatory and certification testing, including documentation for IEC 60601, ISO 13485 and FDA submittals.
Typical certifications include:
- FCC/IC/CE testing
- Cellular PTCRB testing
- Cellular worldwide carrier approval and network acceptance testing (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and more)
- Safety testing (UL, MET and more)
- Environmental testing (IP-xx, shock, vibration and more)
Download the certification guarantee
Avoid costs and rework with the Digi Certification Guarantee.
Whether your company is new to wireless-product development or switching wireless technologies, adding wireless/cellular components to your product or service can add complexity and bring new regulatory compliance and certification issues to address. Digi Wireless Design Services guarantees that any project we design from start to finish using our standard development process will meet FCC and carrier certifications.
Our certification services include:
- Design and PCB analysis
- EMI/EMC compliance pre-testing
- RF consulting and failure mitigation
- Wireless/cellular firmware debugging and tuning
- PTCRB, FCC, and worldwide carrier-approval testing
Failure Analysis and Mitigation
Our engineers are experts in solving certification failures related to spurious emissions, total radiated power, total isotropic sensitivity, and antenna performance.
Your device didn't pass certification testing. Now what?
Digi Wireless Design Services can perform comprehensive design analysis and lab testing to mitigate RF and EMI/EMC issues. We analyze and solve on both regulatory and performance issues, such as:
- The device is failing cellular PTCRB certification or certification by the network operator (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint).
- The device fails FCC Part 15 certifications, rules, and regulations regarding unlicensed transmissions.
- The device’s wireless range is less than expected.
- Radio performance suffers when used in the presence of another radio, such as when Zigbee communication drops during Wi-Fi file downloads.
- Cellular total isotropic sensitivity (TIS) degrades when a touchscreen display is enabled.
- A product with GPS fails to consistently get a lock/fix.
- The device fails radiated spurious emissions (RSE) for FCC, CISPR, ETSI, or PTCRB due to clock harmonics or power supply noise.
To address these issues, Digi WDS offers a range of services:
- Issue Reproduction: RF performance measurements in an anechoic chamber.
- Schematic and Layout Review: RF best practices focused on noise filtering, processor configuration, clocks, bus connections, power supply, PCB construction, and routing.
- Antenna Review: type, tuning, and integration into mechanical assembly.
- Receiver Sensitivity Optimization: Optimization of total isotropic sensitivity (TIS) through proper antenna implementation and reduction of EMI from device electronics.
- Transmit Power Optimization: Measurement and improvement of total radiated power (TRP) related to RF PCB design and antenna implementation.
- Noise Analysis: In-situ spectral analysis to identify EMI/EMC sources.
- Recommended Design Changes: Implementation and testing of design changes to correct observed problems.