The Digi XBee® RR module family is available and can be used in place of hard-to-get Digi XBee 3 wireless networking modules
The Digi XBee® RR module family is available and can be used in place of hard-to-get Digi XBee 3 wireless networking modules, with the flexibility to switch between multiple wireless protocols and frequencies.
Digi XBee RR modules are footprint compatible with your current Digi XBee 3 designs. See our blog post for the notable differences regarding MicroPython, Bluetooth, GPIO and firmware, and contact Digi Wireless Design Services (WDS) if you need support for your migration.
If engineering resources are an issue for your OEM team or enterprise, Digi WDS can help. Digi WDS has a full team of talented engineers and RF integration specialists to support your design process and get products into production quickly. Digi WDS can quickly navigate the steps required to migrate to Digi XBee RR and accelerate time-to-market.
Additionaly, Digi WDS can provide complete redesign and testing services to ensure a seamless migration.
Digi WDS Certification Support
Digi XBee RR has a different FCC ID from the XBee 3 family and requires some level of certification. Depending on your product deployment, you may require FCC re-certification. Digi WDS regularly provides certification services for new product designs and refreshes of existing products. The WDS team shepherds your product through the certification process by completing necessary forms and working directly with the test labs for all types of certifications, including global certifications.
Free Rapid Redesign Consultation
Contact Digi today for a FREE consultation with Digi WDS on Rapid Redesign with Digi XBee RR.
Digi XBee Rapid Redesign Services and Capabilities
- Evaluating products and selecting the best Digi XBee RR modules for your use case
- Testing products to verify performance with Digi XBee RR
- Wireless performance — how does it measure up?
- Antenna selection and placement — is it optimized?
- Emissions — are you still in compliance?
- Evaluating power needs and consumption
- The XBee RR uses more power in some modes, which requires assessment.
- Is your product battery-powered? It may require additional battery capacity to meet user requirements.
- If a board redesign is required, WDS can advise and fast-track your redesign.
Digi Remote Manager
Digi Remote Manager® is the technology platform that brings networks to the next level, allowing networks — and the people who manage them — to work smarter. With Digi Remote Manager you can transform a multitude of dispersed IoT devices into a dynamic, intelligent network. Now you can easily deploy, monitor and diagnose thousands of mission-critical devices from a single point of command — on your desktop, tablet or phone. All the while, its software-defined security diligently safeguards your entire Digi ecosystem.
Learn more at www.digi.com/digi-remote-manager
Digi XBee RR Wireless Modules
Digi XBee® RR wireless modules accelerate time-to-market for designers, OEMs and solution providers by quickly enabling wireless connectivity and easy-to-add functionality. Building on industry-leading technology, pre-certified Digi XBee RR wireless modules offer the flexibility to switch between multiple frequencies and wireless protocols as needed.
Digi XBee RR offers a fully interoperable ecosystem covering all vertical markets including building automation, smart energy, digital health, intelligent lighting, and others. From edge computing to future migration, Digi XBee RR wireless modules offer size, weight, power and performance advantages ideal for scalable device connectivity, security and flexibility.
Digi IX15 IoT Gateway and Cellular Router
The versatile Digi IX15 device functions as both gateway and router for customers seeking lower-cost, quicker-to-market alternatives to chip-down DIY designs for networking operations. Digi IX15 is an industrial-grade IoT gateway that connects Digi XBee® modules to cloud applications over cellular or Ethernet, providing the easiest path to Internet connectivity for the Digi XBee ecosystem of hardware, software, services and award-winning tools.
Learn more at www.digi.com/ix15
Digi XBee RR and the Digi IX15 IoT Gateway
- Connect Digi XBee® RR with the Digi IX15 IoT gateway and cellular router
- Configure, monitor and control your entire Digi XBee RR wireless network with Digi Remote Manager® — your central, cloud-based platform for easy setup, mass configuration, firmware updates, remote device monitoring and out-of-band management &emdash; via the Digi IX15 IoT gateway and cellular router
- Provide the most optimal, resilient connectivity between your XBee network and cloud-based applications
Features and benefits
- Digi XBee® (Zigbee®, DigiMesh®, 802.15.4), BLE and RS-232/485 for connection to local devices
- Open source Python environment for custom application development
- LTE Cat 4 cellular and 10/100 Ethernet WAN connectivity
- Full-featured industrial cellular routing platform
- Redundant connectivity with dual SIMs and Digi SureLink®
- Integrated Digi TrustFence® for data privacy, device identity and security
Contact us to get started