This can be done through the Web UI (Web User Interface). The existing configuration will be saved when the firmware is done. Digi recommends you back the configuration of the AnywhereUSB device before doing the firmware update.
Note: The legacy/1st generation AnywhereUSB/5 does not have a Web UI and the firmware is updated through the driver installation. The legacy/1st generation AnywhereUSB/5 is no longer supported.
To obtain the latest AnywhereUSB firmware:
- Select the AnywhereUSB model that you have. There is a different firmware file for each type.
- Within the Firmware Updates section, download the firmware file (.dwn file extension).
- Open the Web UI of the AnywhereUSB.
- Click the Update Firmware link on the left-hand side.
- Click the Choose File button.
- Browse to the firmware file (.dwn file extension).
- With the firmware file selected, click the Open button.
- Click the Update button. The firmware update process normally takes about 20 seconds but may take up to several minutes.
- Confirm the firmware updated successfully by waiting for a “Firmware has been successfully updated.” message at the top.
- Click the Reboot button to complete the firmware update
Note: When updating to the latest AnywhereUSB firmware, ensure each host computer connecting to the AnywhereUSB has the latest AnywhereUSB driver installed.
Jun 06, 2019