The Digi device and RealPort should be properly installed, configured and functioning before proceeding. This procedure assumes that a tty has been created for the printer. See Creating and Configuringttys.
- Connect a proper cable between the port and printer. See the appropriate Cable Guide in the online table of contents.
- At the server, enter this command at a root prompt:
- Choose Printer/Plotter Device > Add a Printer/Plotter > osp Other serial printer > rs232.
- Choose an sa device.
- Enter a port number in the PORT number field.
- Set BAUD rate, PARITY, BITS per character, and number of STOP BITS to match the settings of the printer.
- Set FLOW CONTROL to be used to match the flow control used by the printer.
- If the Data Carrier Detect signal is not wired between the port and the peripheral device attached to it, set Force Carrier to enable.
- Choose Enter to complete the TTY addition.
Last updated: Jun 21, 2019