INSTALLATION OF A NON-INTELLIGENT PC/4, PC/8 OR PC/16 BOARD UNDER WINDOWS 98
1. From the Control Panel, select Add New Hardware.
2. Press Next, and when asked if you want Windows to detect your
new hardware, select No and press Next.
3. From the Hardware Types window, select Ports (COM & LPT). Press
4. Select (Standard port types) and Communications Port, press
5. Follow through the remainder of the Add New Hardware Wizard and
when asked to reboot, select no until all ports have been added,
and the port configuration has been corectly modified.
6. For each new port, rerun the Add New Hardware wizard, adding
the next port, and repeat steps 1-6 until all of the Digi''''s ports
Once all of the boards ports have been added, continue on with the
7. From the Control Panel, select the System icon.
8. Select the Device Manager tab and expand the Ports (COM & LPT)
9. Double click the first new Communications Port you added and
select the Resources tab.
10. In the Setting based on: window, select Basic configuration 8.
11. From within the Resource settings window, double click on the
Input/Output Range, scroll thru the provided Values and select
the range which starts with the address you selectd for that
12. Double Click on the Interrupt setting and select the IRQ you
have selected on the card.
When all of the newly installed ports have been edited for the correct
I/O and IRQ settings, the system needs to be rebooted.
Once rebooted, the ports should be up and running , ready for your
NOTE: As far as the DS1 switch on the PC/4 and PC/8, this configuration
does not use it, so all switches can be turned off.