The information is not displaying from the AIX serial port even though there appears to be a successful connection to the port.
- Carrier detect is not being asserted on the AIX serial port.
- The cable attached from the Digi port to the AIX serial port is not crossed over.
- Bad or damaged port.
- Add the clocal flag in smit for the appropriate serial port to the LOGIN and RUN TIME flags.
- See the related URL for appropriate cabling pin-outs.
- See the related URL for performing port testing.
Last updated: Aug 23, 2017