There is a method available to assign an IP address and configure the PortServer without having to attach hardware.
- Make a note of the MAC (hardware) address located on the sticker underneath the PortServer.
- Edit /etc/ethers on your UNIX server add an entry similar to the following placing the MAC address first, followed by the IP address you wish to assign:
- Edit /etc/hosts file, add the IP address and any applicable hostname.
- From the UNIX root prompt: # rarpd -a
- Reboot the PortServer.
- You should now be able to telnet to the unit using the IP address just assigned.
Mar 22, 2019