A few questions to help work through the cellular connection issues you are experiencing on your Digi TransPort®:
- Who is your provider?
- What is the APN for your SIM? If you do not know it, please contact your provider.
- Please verify that this particular SIM is still active with your provider.
- Are you using the proper size SIM (2FF)? Is it installed correctly?
- Are both antennas attached? For LTE service, Digi® requires that both antennas be attached.
- Is this device in an enclosure? If so, be sure that both antennas are external to the enclosure.
- Are the antennas you are using Digi antennas or a third party? If third party, please verify that the frequency/bands match between the antennas and the module and carrier.
- Do you know what kind of cellular signal you should be getting in the area where your Digi TransPort(s) are currently located?
- If you know the APN, please enter it under Configuration - Network > Interfaces > Mobile > Mobile Settings. Be sure to apply and save these settings. Please allow 5-10 minutes for it to connect after this.
Please provide the debug.txt
from the Digi TransPort. You can grab it either via FTP or the WebUI by going to Administration - File Management > FLASH Directory
, right-click on debug.txt
and select Save Target As
(or whatever term your browser uses). For more details see QN24
Please send this report to Digi Technical Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please also provide the IMEI Address of your Digi TransPort as listed on the label.
Aug 18, 2022