Checklist for Initial IA/IAP Troubleshooting
A few general questions to help work through the IA/IAP issues you are experiencing:
- What, if anything, is connected to the serial port of the Digi device?
- Which serial port?
- What protocol is it using?
- What is talking to the Digi device via Ethernet?
- Which application guide did you follow?
- Did you go through the IA wizard to configure the Digi device?
- What is the *specific* nature / symptom of the problem? For example, dropped communications, bad data, Digi falls off the network completely, does not seem to be getting serial data?
- What firmware version is your Digi device running?
- If you are using our RealPort (COM port re-direction) driver, what version are you running? This may not be applicable to your environment.
- Details of the wiring?
- If 422/485, is the termination resistor set?
- If the termination resistor is NOT set, does your device supply termination and line bias?
- Is the ground connected?
- Are you using RealPort or an industrial automation configuration?
Jan 17, 2020