The following questions will help in troubleshooting your Digi One® IA/IAP product issues. Answers to these questions should be included in your request to Digi Technical Support to help speed up the troubleshooting process:
- What, if anything, is connected to the serial port of the Digi® device?
- Which serial port is in use?
- What protocol is being used?
- What device/software is talking to the Digi device via Ethernet?
- Were any of the application guides used for the setup, and if so, which one?
- Did you go through the IA wizard to configure the Digi device?
- What is the *specific* nature / symptom of the problem? For example, dropped communications, bad data, Digi falls off the network completely, does not seem to be getting serial data?
- What firmware version is your Digi device running?
- If you are using the RealPort® (COM port re-direction) driver, what version are you running?
- How is the serial cable wired between the Digi and end equipment?
- If using RS422/485 mode, is the termination resistor set?
- If the termination resistor is NOT set, does your device supply termination and line bias?
- Is the ground wire connected in the serial cable?
- Are you using RealPort or an industrial automation configuration?
Jan 21, 2020