Is an Allen-Bradley / Rockwell Automation EDS (electronic data sheet) file required for a Digi product (specifically a Digi One IA RealPort)?
For Example, a MicroLogix PLC typically talks DF1 full-duplex CRC at 19200 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity.
If any of these parameters are incorrect, RSLinx will report an error (usually by showing an red X through the device''''s icon).
If an EDS file is required for the Digi One IA RealPort, one is available.
dorpia.ico (the icon file).
NOTE: The contents of DigiOne_IA_RP.eds are listed below.
- Place the two files in a temporary folder (i.e. C:\temp).
- Install the EDS file for use with RSLinx:
- Start -> Programs -> Software -> RSLinx Tools -> EDS Hardware Installation Tool
- Select Add.
- Select Register a Single File. Browse to the folder where you downloaded the files. Select DigiOne_IA_RP.eds.
- Select Next.
- Follow the prompts until finished.
- The Digi One IA RealPort should now be available to RSLinx.
www.ab.com. If you need help with a Digi product, contact Digi tech support at http://support.digi.com or 952-912-3456.
Contents of DigiOne_IA_RP.eds:
CreateDate = 07-27-2002;
CreateTime = 08:00:00;
Revision = 1.0;
VendCode = 805;
ProdType = 12;
MajRev = 1;
MinRev = 0;
Jun 11, 2019