Is an Allen-Bradley / Rockwell Automation EDS (electronic data sheet) file required for a Digi product (specifically a Digi One IA RealPort)?
No, at least not in most cases. When adding a driver for a Digi One IA RealPort in RSLinx, choose "Ethernet Devices" for the driver type. It will show up as "AB_ETH-n", where n is a number. Enter the Digi''''s IP address under station 0 and the Digi One IA RealPort will then convert Ethernet to DF-1.
If RSLinx cannot "see" the device attached to the Digi IA RealPort''''s serial port, make sure you have the correct serial port communication parameters.
For Example, a MicroLogix PLC typically talks DF1 full-duplex CRC at 19200 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity.
If any of these parameters are incorrect, RSLinx will report an error (usually by showing an red X through the device''''s icon).
If an EDS file is required for the Digi One IA RealPort, one is available.
- Download the files DigiOne_IA_RP.eds and dorpia.ico (the icon file).
NOTE: The contents of DigiOne_IA_RP.eds are listed below.
- Place the two files in a temporary folder (i.e. C:\temp).
- Install the EDS file for use with RSLinx:
- Start -> Programs -> Software -> RSLinx Tools -> EDS Hardware Installation Tool
- Select Add.
- Select Register a Single File. Browse to the folder where you downloaded the files. Select DigiOne_IA_RP.eds.
- Select Next.
- Follow the prompts until finished.
- The Digi One IA RealPort should now be available to RSLinx.
If you need additional assistance on EDS files, please refer to Allen-Bradley support at www.ab.com. If you need help with a Digi product, contact Digi tech support at http://support.digi.com or 952-912-3456.
Contents of DigiOne_IA_RP.eds:
DescText = "DIGI-IA Ethernet/IP to DF1 Bridge";
CreateDate = 07-27-2002;
CreateTime = 08:00:00;
Revision = 1.0;
VendCode = 805;
VendName = "www.digi.com";
ProdType = 12;
ProdTypeStr = "Communications Adaptor";
MajRev = 1;
MinRev = 0;
ProdName = "DIGI-IA";
Catalog = "DigiOneIA-RP";
Icon = "dorpia.ico";
Last updated: Apr 22, 2019