Items to Note before Starting
Ensure that the latest RealPort driver is being used, which can be downloaded from the Digi support site. The RealPort driver file should be unzipped before running the uninstall process
i.e. - Do not run the “setup.exe” from within the .zip file).
Always run "setup.exe", no matter if the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit. If feasible, run “setup.exe” from the computer's local hard drive, not a mapped network drive.
Ensure that the Windows User Account that's running “setup.exe” has Administrative privileges. Additionally, launch “setup.exe” via right-click / Run as Administrator if the OS offers that option.
Steps to install the RealPort Driver:
- Download the RealPort driver from the Digi Support site here.
- Click the Driver section.
- Select the Windows operating system in the Operating System Specific Drivers area.
- Click the RealPort for Windows driver link and save to a location on the hard drive.
- Extract the RealPort driver that was downloaded.
- Run the “setup.exe” file.
- Click Add a New Device, as shown below:
8. Click the Next button.
9. Select the Digi device you want to install the COM port for, as shown below:
10. Select the specific device from the list if discovered.Choose Device not Listed if the device is not discovered by the RealPort installation wizard.The user must type of ip address of the terminal server during the Device Configuration screen if the device is not discovered by the RealPort installation wizard during the Configuration screen in Step 12.
11. Click the Next button.
12. Ensure to select the Number of Comports and the Starting Comport is set properly.Typically the default settings work in most situations.
13. Click the Finish button.
14. Review Device Manager to ensure the comports are properly installed.
How to Uninstall COM Ports Installed by RealPort Drivers in Windows
RealPort Troubleshooting for Microsoft Windows
May 20, 2019