This procedure should be used when beginning to troubleshoot a Rapidport/4.
- Close any software applications and/or services that may have any of the Rapidport/4 modems/COM ports open.
- Power cycle the Rapidport/4.
- Use a terminal application such as HyperTerminal or PuTTY.exe (preferred) to open the COM port associated with the first modem.
- Attach a known-working, live telephone line to the modem in question.
- Try to dial-out to a phone, such as your cell phone or an office phone, by using the ATDT command. Just type ATDTxxxyyyzzzz (followed by Enter/Carriage Return) as an example where you’re leading with the area code. If 9 needs to be dialed first to reach an outside line, the command would be ATDT9,xxxyyyzzzz (the , inserts a pause). The phone being dialed should ring if the modem's working.
- Close the terminal application, then repeat steps 2-5 for the other 3 modems.
Jun 10, 2019