Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for the Rapidport/4
- How to confirm that the Rapidport/4 has been successfully installed? Windows Device Manager should show four Rapidport modems within the Modems category, and four unique Rapidport COM port numbers within the Ports (COM & LPT) category. Also, the System Status LED on the front panel should blink slow Green (when idle, otherwise rapid Red when in use), and the HUB Port LED should always be solid Green.
- Is there an internal speaker? There is no built-in speaker.
- What is the purpose of the USB Port labeled Port 1 on the back of unit? This is essentially a built-in single port USB 1.1 hub. It's intended to daisy chain Rapidport/4 units, but can be used like any other self-powered USB port/hub.
- How do I know which COM port numbers correspond to each of the four modems (Lines 1-4)? Launch the Edgeport Configuration Utility and double-click (expand) the Rapidport/4 within the General tab. The first COM port corresponds to the first modem (labeled Line 1), the second COM port corresponds to the second modem (Line 2) and so forth.
- Why are the Test Ports and Port Status buttons in the Edgeport Configuration Utility grayed out? These two buttons are specifically for Digi Edgeport USB-to-serial converters and are not compatible with the Rapidport/4.
- Does Digi offer any any diagnostic tools for troubleshooting? There are no specific diagnostic utilities offered, however the modems should respond to the Windows Modem Query feature (a long response time is normal). The modems can also be manually instructed to dial out, to test basic functionality - see related article How to test dialing out with a RapidPort/4
- How do I check the firmware version that the unit's running? Open a direct connection to one of the COM ports with a terminal application such as PuTTY and issue the "ati" command. The firmware version will be listed at the end of the modem's response.
Aug 08, 2017