Haxiot developed the LoRaWAN® expansion board (aka HXC-Client-Shield) for STM32 Nucleo and Arduino. This board is an integrated solution that provides an affordable and flexible way for users to learn and develop solutions using LoRa® technology.
The HXC Expansion Board features the Haxiot® LoRaWAN™ technology module, addressing low-cost and low-power wide area network (LPWAN), which comes with the embedded AT-command stack pre-loaded.
The HXC Expansion Board can be controlled from an external host such as NUCLEO-L053R8 or Arduino Uno boards, running the HXC-Client-Embedded-API software. This software provides the means to set up a complete LoRaWAN™ node.
The LoRaWAN™ stack is certified class A and C compliant.
The HXC Expansion Board includes the Haxiot® LoRaWAN™ module, Arduino™ connectors, slide switch, RGB LED, a U.FL connector, an antenna, and one Microchip temperature sensor.
The HXC Client library and example code is available for STM32 Nucleo-L053R8 using Mbed and System Workbench for STM32 and can be tailored to any other platform.
- Haxiot® low-cost, LoRaWAN module supporting LoRa® technology:
- ST ultra-low-power STM32L0 MCU, Cortex®-M0+
- Semtech SX1272/1278 radio transceiver supporting LoRa®
- 433 MHz to 510 MHz (HXC400) and 902.3 MHz to 930 MHz (HXC900) frequency range
- 14 dBm to 20 dBm output power
- 0 V to 3.6 V voltage range
- -40°C to +85°C temperature range
- On-Board Microchip low power thermistor (MCP9700).
- Slide switch for digital input.
- RGB LED.
- Access to Nucleo user and reset push-buttons.
- On-board 3.3V regulator for HXC Client.
- On-board logic converter to support both 5V and 3.3V I/O.
- Jumpers to use any MCU pins to communicate with HXC Client.
- Arduino connectors.
- U.FL connector (antenna included in the kit).
- Comprehensive free HXC Client libraries and examples.
- Support of Atollic TrueSTUDIO and Arm® Mbed™.
The HXC embedded API provides a simple mechanism of adding the HXC LoRaWAN client module to a sensor with an MCU. It is primarily designed for OEMs to rapidly integrate and deploy LoRaWAN devices. The API exposes 3 key functions of the HXC client module
- LoRaWAN security keys
- Uplink Messages
- Downlink Messages
The user guide provides basic guidelines about how to use the HXC Client API for typical embedded sensor applications. The API is developed in C/C++ with specific examples for the STM32 platform.
A working application example is also included for Nucleo-L053R8 development board with this Expansion Board. The example is available for System Workbench for STM32 and Mbed.
Example application source code for SW4STM32 can be found here. The Mbed repository is available here. User manual for our HXC Client is also available.
HXC Client Embedded API User Manual.pdf
May 02, 2023