Digi Connect device
PC or laptop
Serial Cable (crossover, DB-9 to DB-9)
Tool to hold in reset button
Firmware Image to be uploaded
TFTP server (can run on the above PC or laptop)
5. Press the letter v on the serial connection (i.e. Hyperterm) while holding in the reset button. You should see the POST menu appear on the terminal screen.
6. At the prompt press the letter t to select the TFTP related options.
7. At the TFTP submenu select 2 to enter new TFTP related paramaters:
8. TFTP filename = Enter the name of the file you wish to load from the TFTP server to the Digi Connect.
IP address = Enter the ip address that you wish the Digi Connect will have during the firmware download.
Network Mask = Enter the the Network Mask that the Digi Connect will have during the firmware download.
Network Gateway = Enter the Network Gateway that the Digi Connect will use during the download.
Network TFTP server = Enter the IP address of the TFTP server here.
9. Press 3 to start the firmware download from the TFTP server to the Digi Connect device.
10. Upon completion a message will be display whether the procedure was successful or not.
11. Press the [Esc] key to get back into the main POST menu.
12. Select 4 to program the downloaded image onto the Digi Connect device.
13. Upon receiving the completion message the firmware image should be loaded. Power cycle the unit and your done.