2. Download the Linux RealPort driver file.
3. Choose a directory (such as /usr/src) where the source tree will reside, and unpack the compressed archive file there. For example:
# cd /usr/src
# tar -xvzf dgrp-(version)-(revision).tgz
This will create a sub-directory called /usr/src/driver-version containing all of the RealPort source files.
4. Change directory to the root of the source directory tree.
# cd /usr/src/dgrp-(version)
5. Run the "configure" script.
6. Compile the driver and its support tools by entering this command:
# make all
7. Install the package components with:
# make install
8. Register your module with the system initialization scripts by entering:
# make postinstall
Recommended: Do not delete the source tree since the makefiles are necessary for the uninstall procedure.
9. At this point, you can run dgrp_cfg_node or dgrp_gui (from Xwindows/xterm) utility to install your realport device(s):
# dgrp_cfg_node init (ID) (IP) (#_of_ports)
Upon successful installation your devices will be labeled /dev/tty[id][00-99] [id] is chosen when you run one of the preceding config utilities.
Completing the installation:
Sep 04, 2018