This KB article aims to explain what Wi-Fi frequencies a TransPort uses, when in AP (Access Point) mode, and Dual-Band support.
- The "A" mode uses 5 GHz (only).
- The "A/N" mode uses 5 GHz (only).
- NOTE: N mode can be either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz, depending on the option chosen / what previous technology it is paired with.
- The (default) "B/G" mode uses 2.4 GHz (only).
- The "B/G/N" mode uses 2.4 GHz (only).
At of the time of this writing, TransPorts do not offer "Dual-Band" support, however a "Dual Radio" TransPort does exist, which has two separate Wi-Fi interfaces. This Dual Radio variant is offered on the WR44v2 and WR44R models only.
Screenshot showing factory default Global Wi-Fi Settings:
Last updated: Aug 23, 2017