Why move all devices to Digi Remote Manager by default?
As part of unifying all Digi devices to a common central management portal, the commercial aView portal
will be phased in late 2021. In the meantime, existing aView customers will still be able to keep using aView.
Newer firmware defaults to Remote Manager instead of aView.
: For information on how to move devices from aView to Digi RM, please see the following article
: For information on how to move devices from Digi RM to aView, please see the following article
What products will be affected by the change to using Remote Manager by default?
Most new Digi products already sync with Digi Remote Manager by default. The following products will switch from syncing with aView by default to Remote Manager by default on firmware versions 20.2.x and newer:
- Connect IT Mini/4/16/48
Does upgrading my device from 19.11.x or older firmware automatically enable syncing with Digi Remote Manager?
No. Central management via Digi Remote Manager will not be enabled if you upgrade a device running 19.11.x or older firmware to 20.2.x or newer firmware that was previously syncing with an aView instance, but can be enabled if desired. However, if the device running 20.2.x or newer firmware is reset (e.g. - If someone presses the Erase button on the device, or erases the configuration through the web UI or Admin CLI), the device will sync with Digi Remote Manager by default.
What does this mean for units in inventory/warehouse?
Any of the affected DAL devices mentioned above that were manufactured before March 2020 will sync with aView by default. The reason is these devices were loaded with 19.11.x or older firmware when manufactured. If you want to have these older devices sync with Digi Remote Manager, you have the following options:
- Manually configure the device to sync with Digi Remote Manager. To do so, adjust the following configuration setting:
- Web UI: Under the Central management section, modify Service to DRM
config cloud service drm
- Add the device to aView, setup a group configuration profile in aView that has Central management -> Service set to DRM, apply that group config to the device. Then bring the device online via cellular or wired WAN so it pulls this configuration from aView, and then switch to Digi Remote Manager for device management.
- Upgrade the device to firmware 20.2.x or newer, then erase the device to default settings using the Erase button on the device.
Newly manufactured DAL devices after March 2020 will have 20.2.x or newer firmware loaded during production. Therefore, any DAL product manufactured after March 2020 will sync with Digi Remote Manager by default.
What is the minimum firmware version for management with Digi Remote Manager?
Below are the minimum firmware versions for Remote Manager support on DAL devices:
- AnywhereUSB 2/8/24 Plus: 18.104.22.168
- Connect IT Mini/4/16/48: 22.214.171.124
- Accelerated/Enterprise products (EX/CX/DX/RM/SR/MX Familes): 126.96.36.199
- TX54/TX64: 188.8.131.52
- LR54/LR54W: 184.108.40.206
- IX14: 220.127.116.11
- IX20/IX20W: 18.104.22.168
Aug 07, 2020